The First Year And Beyond
In April 2015, the brand new John Clements Sports & Community Centre opened its doors to the village and what a first year it has been. In that time membership has increased by 300 % on the old Social Club numbers, revenues are up over 50% and there has been a stunning increase in the various uses of the Centre.
Now it’s not just traditional sports taking place but weddings, engagements, Christenings, funerals, birthday parties, business meetings, Bridge tournaments, concerts, children’s dance classes, Pilates, youth club, a social centre for the handicapped, bingo, annual general meetings – it’s been fantastic to see the new facility used so extensively with bookings for Year 2 (which starts on 1st April) already up.
Big events planned already for the next few months include:
- Codicote Community Choir (15th / 16th April) – celebrating the Club’s first anniversary
- The George Grice Cup (Sunday 1st May) – annual It’s a Knockout style inter club competition
- The Eurovision Song Contest Party (Saturday 14th May)
- Euro 2016 Football Tournament (June 10th – July 10th)
- Codicote Village Day (July 16th)
- 50th Anniversary Party for England’s 1966 World Cup (30th July)
If you, your friends and your family want to be part of the amazing success of John Clements Centre, you need to renew your membership for the next twelve months (membership runs from 1st April – 31st March). Membership allows a significant reduction in the cost of all drinks bought in the bar as well as cheaper rates should you wish to hire the venue at any time.