The John Clements Sports and Community Centre was opened in April 2015 following a sustained fundraising campaign which saw an initial total of £550,000 raised.
The Centre replaced the old Sports & Social Club, a wonderful but ageing building, initially erected for a five year period in 1992, and has already emerged as a Centre to retain and grow the present excellent level of sports participation – notably in the areas of football (men’s, ladies and youth), tennis, cricket, mini rugby and indoor bowls. It has also provided additional facilities and a greater quality of experience for participants and spectators with improved access to changing and shower facilities and to a larger and higher activity hall, giving more scope for indoor sport.
However, the new Centre is not just about sport and has established itself as a key social provision in the village becoming a destination for a vast array of social activities including:
- anniversary celebrations;
- engagement parties;
- birthday parties (of all ages);
- Christmas parties and celebrations;
- funeral wakes;
- live music concerts (from rock groups to Choirs!)
- Annual General Meetings;
- bridge tournaments;
- wine tasting sessions;
- jumble sales;
- Youth Club
- dance and Pilates sessions.
– a full but by no means exhaustive list and, if you are interested in hiring the John Clements Sports and Community Centre for a function, lets us know either by emailing email@example.com or phoning Rae French on (07480) 764776